Monday, August 9, 2010

OWH Card Kits & OWH Cardmaking Day - Sunday, August 8, 2010









It was a busy weekend for me.  I had the first group of five girls and a mom for OWH Carmaking Day - Sunday, August 8, 2010.  I made about 120 Card Kits. There were some card patients that need to be treated so I didn't include them in the above photos.

These are simple designed cards.  I used Stampin' Up stamps, sponging technique, punched out stars and Christmas ornaments, cupcake and halloween digi stamps from Digital Doodlings.  The girls were so excited about making cards for our heroes.  They didn't have any cardmaking experience but they did very well.  They were happy to write Any Hero cards as well. 

I have the second group scheduled on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at work and the third group on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at Elk Grove Grocery Outlet. 

Do you want to know about Cardmaking Party?  You can find it here:  Operation Write Home

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! these are all beautiful cards! where are your embossing things from? i am very interested in starting to emboss myself!! thanks so very much for sharing, all the kits were beautiful and turned out great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! It's wonderful that you have been able to spread the word and get so many others involved with OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful post - I just have to compliment you on your frugal use of the cardstock for the eggplant and ivory cards. What a simple but intelligent concept to make the cut-outs from the layers that will be hidden in the end. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting these. I am planning a card party next month and looking for ideas - you have great ones. And yes(!!!!) great use of negative space to save valuable card stock.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy visiting my blog. Please leave your parting thoughts.