Monday, February 22, 2010

Bookmark for Card Maker Swap





I made these bookmarks for Card Maker Swap. It is 2" x 6" size. First I sprayed card stock with Glimmer Mist: Lemon Zest, Denim Blue, Meadow Green and Rum Raisin to create dreamy color to match the "Dream" digital image from Michelle Perkett Studio. I used Glimmer Screens to create the background design.

For the backside, I made my own rub on. I am not satisfied with the result of this trial on these beautifully (my wishful thinking) made bookmarks however, it was an experiment and I learned how to make it better next time. I printed the quote "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt" on a transparency paper. I set the printer setting as "mirror image" to print it backwards. I waited but it didn't dry for long so I tried to dry it with my heat gun very quickly. I rubbed the quote on the backside of bookmark as I did with other rub ons. It worked!!!

Digital Stamp: "Dream Dragonfly" from Michelle Perkett Studio

***

3 comments:

I hope you enjoy visiting my blog. Please leave your parting thoughts.